Vaping: What Hits Are Made Of
There are many aspects of vaping that people enjoy. One of those things is the throat hit. There are even some vapers who use their devices just to achieve this feeling. Usually, a vaper is going to get some degree of throat hit but there are ways of making it stronger or weaker. This article is all about throat hit and how to get the results your looking for.
Now, you might be reading this and trying to figure out what in the world a throat hit is and how it even happens. We're going to discuss what a throat hit is. In short, it's the sensation you get when you inhale nicotine. This most commonly happens with traditional cigarettes but if you use an e-liquid that has any kind of nicotine, then you'll get the same sensation. The throat hit can range from a small catch in your throat to a very harsh burn that is almost pure pain. The harshest feeling is the same feeling you get when you've tried inhaling a cigar. The way they happen is simply just inhaling nicotine. Remember, no nicotine equals less chance of a good throat hit.
The next thing to be discussed is what ratios your vape juice needs to get the throat hit you want. Most e-liquids have PG (propylene glycol) and VG (vegetable glycerin). Different ratios of these two will give you a unique level of throat hit.
- 20% PG/80% VG: This will give you very little throat hit
- 10% PG/90% VG: This will give you barely a trace of a throat hit
- MAX VG: This will give you no throat hit at all
- 25% PG/75% VG: This will give you a small throat hit
- 30% PG/70% VG: This will give you a solid throat hit
- 40% PG/60% VG: This will give you a little bit more of a harsher throat hit
- 20% PG/80% VG: This will give you a small throat hit
- 50% PG/50% VG: This will give you a decent throat hit
- MAX PG: This will give you the harshest throat hit possible
Remember, the more PG your e-liquid has, the harsher your throat hit will be.
There are several reasons why a vaper enjoys getting a throat hit. Every person is different, so not everyone will enjoy it for the same reasons.
- Reason #1: Transitioning from cigarettes to a vaping. They want to be able to have the same level of throat hit when first switching over.
- Reason #2: Some vapers want to feel as if they’re smoking when in certain situations, such as drinking at a bar.
- Reason #3: Having a throat hit makes people not vape as much because they feel like they’re getting enough nicotine.
- Final Reason: Some vapers can't enjoy their e-liquid flavor if it doesn't have a throat hit.
Now that you know more about what a throat hit is and what it takes to make the hit harsher or less harsh, you should be able to find that happy medium and get the throat hit exactly how you want it. It might take some trial and error, but once you find the perfect balance, you'll be able to enjoy the throat hit you have been looking for!
Tags: throat hit, vaping, e-liquids, e-juices, vape juices, devices, PG/VG ratio, vapers, reasons